Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Hroisman signed the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of July 5, 2019 No. 542-r “Certain Issues of Implementing Conceptual Directions for Reforming the System of State Authorities Implementing State Tax and Customs Policy”.
The Ministry of Finance, together with an interagency working group comprising of international experts, representatives of business associations, government bodies and MPs, has developed two draft action plans to implement conceptual directions for reforming the system of bodies implementing state tax and customs policy.These plans include:
- Optimizing organizational and functional structures of services;
- Improving administrative appeal procedures;
- Management of information systems and technologies;
- Staff development, anti-corruption measures;
- Stimulation of voluntary payment of taxes, development of tax services;
- Risk management, tax control and audit;
- Improving work aimed at paying off tax debt;
- Counteracting the erosion of the tax base and strengthening the transfer pricing analysis function;
- Promotion of security and international trade, including simplification and harmonization of customs procedures;
- Facilitating efficient customs payments;
- Development of infrastructure, electronic technologies and services for international trade;
- Protecting society, public healthcare and environmental safety and combating the illicit movement of drugs and weapons;
- Improving the effectiveness of international customs cooperation
This will facilitate institutional reform of the State Tax and State Customs Services, which will meet modern international standards and eliminate deficiencies in the system of tax administration, customs clearance. It will also ensure the application of the best international practices in the operation of these agencies through the introduction of new procedures and modernization of the existing ones.