On June 13, the Government adopted two draft decrees making it possible to implement innovative approaches in the operation of cash registers.
What’s it about?
The use of cash registers is crucial for the de-shadowing of the economy, legalization of revenues, tax payments as well as for the increase of tax revenues. Presently, the registration of cash registers is time-consuming and comes at cost. The Ministry of Finance has prepared solutions to simplify the operation of cash registers and initiated a pilot project for the registration and use of modern devices.
The draft decree of the Government “On the Implementation of the Pilot Project for the Registration and Use of New Models of Cash Registers” stipulates study and research regarding new soft- and hardware for payment transactions.
Upon completion of the pilot project, a decision will be made on the launch of the new soft- and hardware solutions and their further use by business along with traditional cash registers. Thus, it will be possible to make payment transactions via mobile phones, tablets, laptops and other communication devices instead of conventional cash registers.
Also, the draft decree of the Government “On Amendments to the Procedure of the Technical Maintenance and Repair of Cash Registers” (amendments to Decree 601) stipulates the following:
- It implements a mechanism for information exchange in electronic form during the launch, maintenance and repair of cash registers at service centres;
- It improves the procedure for the technical maintenance and repair of cash registers which lays ground for settling the relations between users and service centres in regard to service intervals and service terms;
- It information exchange between the regional offices of the SFS and service centres in regard to the launch of cash registers and their maintenance.
What’s the benefit?
• Lower volume of the illegal sales of goods;
• Simpler operation of cash registers;
• Time- and cost-savings for business using cash registers;
• Liquidation of the monopoly on the market for cash registers.
“Two decrees making the use of cash registers simpler which we have adopted today will be interesting, first of all, for businesses which pay taxes to the budget of Ukraine and contribute significantly to our GDP. We propose to make the registration of these devices significantly easier. Also, we want to roll out innovations which are a key priority for our Government," acting Minister of Finance Oksana Markarova said.
These initiatives are a part of the project of the Ministry of Finance “Podatky Prosto”. Its goal is to consolidate efforts in the search for solutions to improve tax administration procedures.