Frea 1 “Legislation”
To create a transparent, comprehensive and effective legislation enabling the customs authority to foster international trade while securing the state interests as well as protecting citizens and the financial interests of the state.
Elaboration of the legal framework which:
• is transparent, comprehensive, effective and complies with the national and international commitments and standards;
• contributes to the development and build-up of an open customs authority while vesting it with relevant powers and ensuring the necessary control and liability;
• ensures effective customs control based on risk analysis aimed to detect suspicious operations while fostering legal trade;
• supports cooperation with the customs bodies of other countries and relevant international organizations as well as fosters trust and cooperation with other state bodies;
• sets effective and appropriate liabilities ensuring compliance with the law and countering illegal activities;
• established a transparent appeal procedure;
• secure data protection including personal data.