The Ministry of Finance proposes to simplify the exchange of tax data. In accordance with the order of Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groysman on deregulation, a working experts group of experts led by the Ministry of Finance acting jointly with the State Fiscal Service, the National Bank and the Ministry for Economic Development and Trade as well as with representatives of the NGO “EasyBusiness” has prepared a legislation package aimed to simplify the exchange of tax data related to the fiscal status of economic entities.
The Ministry of Finance is actively working to improve the business climate in Ukraine including the simplification of tax revenue administrationв for taxpayers and steps to establish the business-friendly tax system. The proposed legislation package makes the procedure for the retrieval of certificates on the fiscal status of economic entities much shorter and simpler.
The adoption of the mentioned legislation package would make business in Ukraine much easier, would improve Ukraine’s score in the “Doing Business” rating and positively impact the investment climate in our country.
Key facts on the legislation package elaborated by the working group:
It is proposed to abolish the following certificates or legal acts:
- verification of the certificate on declaring hard currency assets, income and property belonging to residents of Ukraine and located outside Ukraine;
- issue of the certificate on duly settled tax payments (if payments under foreign-trade contracts are effected in hryvnas);
- certificate No. 4-OPP on the registration of a taxpayer;
- extract No. 2-VR from the register of VAT payers;
- notification No. 2-ESV on the registration of SCC payers;
- notification No. 16-OPP on the secondary registration;
- certificate on currency exchange rates (courts and law enforcement authorities, ministries and state agencies as well as pension funds should be obliged to use the official website of the National Bank of Ukraine by themselves to retrieve the actual exchange rates).
The following documents should be issued at the place where the applicant submits his request:
- certificate on the profit (income) tax paid by a non-resident in Ukraine;
- confirmation of the status of the tax resident of Ukraine.
The following documents should be abolished in printed form:
- certificate with the calculation of salary payments (order of the Ministry of Ukraine for Revenues and Taxes No. 453 of September 9, 2013);
- certificate on the release of funds for salary payments without the check of payroll-tax payments (order of the Ministry of Ukraine for Revenues and Taxes No. 453 of September 9, 2013).
Some of the certificates should be issued using data from the official website of the State Fiscal Service:
- certificates on duly settled tax payments which are monitored by the units of the State Fiscal Service.
A new form for the designation/replacement of the accountant should be implemented for all economic entities (except for those which are not subject to the United State Register):
- form No. 1-OPP.
The following form should be amended and adjusted to the current legislation:
- form No. 1-VAT.