The Ministry of Finance offers for public discussion a draft decree paving the way for the research and use of innovative products for the registration of payment operations.
What’s it about?
The Ministry of Finance has prepared a draft decree to implement a pilot project for the study and test operation of new devices for the registration of payment transactions, including improved computer cash-register systems, soft- and hardware as well as for the study of their use in payment transactions.
What’s the benefit?
The proposed decree will make it possible:
- to study innovative solutions for the registration of payment transactions;
- to check the possibility to implement and to use new devices by business along with conventional cash registers;
- to expand the list of the available models and functions of cash registers and to contribute to the removal of the monopoly on the market for cash registers;
- to make the use of cash registers easier and to cut costs for their purchase;
- to create incentives for business to use cash registers.
What comes next?
After a public discussion, the draft decree will be amended accordingly and submitted to the Cabinet of Ministers for examination.
The draft decree is available here.
In the beginning of April, the Ministry of Finance also presented for public discussion adraft law on promoting distance trade and de-shadowing of payments for goods and services which shall make payments more transparent and close legislative gaps in the use of cash registers.