The Ministry of Finance, with the support of the Reform Support Team at Ministry of Finance, based on the best practices of OECD countries, SIGMA and World Bank methodologies, developed and implemented key strategic planning elements - Strategic and Operational Planning Procedures, and updated the Strategic Action Plan for 2018-2021.In order to increase transparency and accountability, we also prepared a visual version of the Strategic Plan that, in a convenient and understandable format, highlights the main objectives and tasks of the Ministry of Finance in the medium term.The Strategic Plan of the Ministry of Finance for 2018-2021 includes the implementation of four strategic priorities:
• effective budgeting;
• macroeconomic stability and fiscal risk reduction;
• support for economic growth;
• increasing the financial capacity of the regions.
To achieve these strategic priorities, the Strategic Plan includes:
• communication of strategic goals with the key strategic documents of the country and relevant budget programs;
• 131 tasks with performance indicators, which will become the basis for compiling the Operational Plan of Activities for 2019;
• Responsible executors of each task who are responsible for their quality and timely performance.
The Ministry of Finance will regularly update its Strategic Plan in cooperation with Ukrainian and international experts. We are about to start preparations for the 2020 budget and the corresponding Strategic Action Plan 2020-2022. This approach will provide sufficient planning horizons to optimize the use of resources available to the state.
To read the Strategic Plan for 2018-2021 in English, please refer to: