On July 13, a round table was conducted at the RPR office to discuss the key performance indicators (KPIs) for the State Fiscal Service. The event was also attended by head of the Project Management Office Yana Bugrimova, MP Andriy Zhurzhiy, RPR experts, representatives of the Institute for Tax Reforms and other NGOs.
Head of the Project Management Office Yana Bugrimova presented the list of KPIs for the State Fiscal Service which the Ministry of Finance elaborated jointly with business, experts, the Institute for Tax Reforms and the Research Institute for Fiscal Policy. The KPIs will also be serving as a guideline for the reform of the SFS.
What was the reason for the Ministry of Finance to elaborate KPIs for the State Fiscal Service?
The reform of the SFS should deliver results which will be tangible for business. To be able to measure these results, concrete objectives must be set for each area. This is what the KPIs are about. This should also make it possible to clearly monitor compliance performance.
What will the KPIs deliver?
The application of the KPIs shall:
- transform the SFS from the punishing to service authority;
- reduce the number of checks and unauthorized tax amounts while increasing the effectiveness of the protection of state interests;
- provide a fair process for handling taxpayers’ claims;
- improve the quality of the SFS proceedings against those who violate tax regulations; increase tax revenues to the state budget;
- reduce the number of unscheduled tax checks;
- diminish the human factor and reduce space for corruption;
- reduce the number of unauthorized criminal proceedings;
- increase tax revenues in line with the legislation.
“Jointly with our partners we have already elaborated KPIs for the SFS. Now we will make them quantifiable to control performance properly and will start applying them”, head of the Project Management Office Yana Bugrimova said.