Public funds come from the state budget, i.e. they are taxpayers’ money. This is your money, and you have the right to control the way it is spent.
Absolute transparency of public finance
The Ministry of Finance started and is still implementing the revolutionary project “E-Data”. E-Data is an IT platform which is aimed to ensure the full transparency of public spending. Every citizen now has open access to public payments and can check them.
E-Data is based on a system of “modules” containing information about various kinds of transactions and contracts. The module spending.gov.ua provides access to complete information about the sources, distribution and spending of public funds.
What has been done so far?
The launch of the E-Data portal enabled the public to gain direct control over the public funds.
- The portal already contains data on more than 30 million transaction by the State Treasury and more than 9 million contracts, protocols and reports of entities managing public funds. E-Data is the biggest open data bank on public finance in Ukraine;
- The portal reveals information on the use of funds from the state budget and local budgets;
- You can check information received from state and municipal companies whose chartered capital to more than 50% belongs to the state or municipal bodies;
- The portal is a reliable tool for journalist investigations;
- Thanks to the launch of the first module Ukraine’s position in the global ranking Global Open Data Index moved up to place 54 among 122 countries of the world.
What’s the advantage?
- the portal enables everyone to control budget processes and the use of public budget funds;
- more effective use of budget funds;
- reduced possibilities for manipulations and corruption at all levels of the budget process;
- improved international ranking of Ukraine in the Budget Openness Index.
- we are finalizing the integration of the systems of the State Treasury, Prozorro and E-Data — this should cover the entire cycle of the respective contract ranging from the tender bid and contract works to acceptance certificates and agreed bank accounts;
- to make information processing and analysis more comfortable, we created API using which we have already received 63 million requests; in the autumn we will implement the second module — it will provide access not only to the transactions data base, but also to all contracts and certificats published on the portal;
- the search system of E-Data will be improved, automated access to the register of the working offices will be granted;
- in 2017 we want to set up a full-scale support team for the portal with a multi-channel hotline for entities managing public funds;
- by 2018 we plan to make the integrated information and analytical system “Transparent Budget” fully operational; this system will impact changes in the budget processes at the Ministry of Finance, automation of the SFS and State Treasury systems as well as automation of records and reporting systems at the local level.